Anne-Elisabeth Schweitzer  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 13:32
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Sep 12, 2019

Hello,

Everytime I upload a PPT for translation, the speaker's notes in SDL Trados 2019 are not included even though it was included in SDL Trados 2015.

Could you indicate me the steps to follow so that speaker's notes be included systematically?

Thank you in advance.

Anne

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:32
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Filetype settings Sep 12, 2019

Go to File Types, select the Powerpoint file type and then Common. From the list, check the "Notes" box to make sure notes are extracted for translation. This used to be the default but was changed recently, so now it needs to be specified.

Anne-Elisabeth Schweitzer
Anne-Elisabeth Schweitzer  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 13:32
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wont work for the choice 'Translate as a single document' Sep 12, 2019

Hello Nora,

thank you vey miuch for your help. This worked indeed when I chose to create a nez project but not when I chose 'Translate as a single document'.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Anne

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:32
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Options vs Project Settings Sep 16, 2019

Hi Anne,

The setting exists both in Options and Project Settings, did you enable it in both?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Speaker's notes SDL 2019

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »