Trados 2017 not showing full text after segments merged
Thread poster: John Kingsmore
John Kingsmore
John Kingsmore
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 6, 2019

As usual, I end up spending 10 times more trying to figure out Trados than acually translating...

I had to merge segments – and now find that while everything looks good in the source and target in Trados, when I hit preview [source or target] the rest of the sentence – except the first line,[ or the orignal first segment] – has disappeared: any ideas how to fix this?

[IE] 3 merged segemnts, for example, forming one full sentence in both source and target in Trado
... See more
As usual, I end up spending 10 times more trying to figure out Trados than acually translating...

I had to merge segments – and now find that while everything looks good in the source and target in Trados, when I hit preview [source or target] the rest of the sentence – except the first line,[ or the orignal first segment] – has disappeared: any ideas how to fix this?

[IE] 3 merged segemnts, for example, forming one full sentence in both source and target in Trados, only display the first line [presumably the initial segment] for both source and target in both html and embedded preview.

EG
- MERGED SOURCE READS:
Darüber hinaus werden in den Unternehmen zunehmend die aufbewahrungspflichtigen Unterlagen in elektronischer Form (z. B. als elektronische Dokumente) aufbewahrt.
- BUT THE EMBEDDED/HTML only shows the first half
- MERGED TARGET READS:
In addition, companies are increasingly storing documents that require retention in electronic form (e.g. as electronic documents).
- BUT THE EMBEDDED/HTML ARGET READS:
In addition, companies are increasingly storing documents that require retention in ....

It's somewhat arbitrary, since it works elsewhere in the file - and it's nothing to do with tags, since the segments merged don't have any tags. Beyond this I have no idea how to fix this.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 not showing full text after segments merged

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »