Creating a second adaptive MT engine in Studio 2019 for a different language pair
Thread poster: Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:12
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 16, 2019

Hi everyone.

As a very rare occurence I will be working on a project in a language pair that is different from my usual one.

I usually work from English to German, for which I have my MT engine set up.

Now I have accepted a job in my second language pair, Spanish to German.

In theory I know how to create a second MT engine - you go to "project settings" - "manage MT engines" - "create new MT engine"

But once there I have the proble
... See more
Hi everyone.

As a very rare occurence I will be working on a project in a language pair that is different from my usual one.

I usually work from English to German, for which I have my MT engine set up.

Now I have accepted a job in my second language pair, Spanish to German.

In theory I know how to create a second MT engine - you go to "project settings" - "manage MT engines" - "create new MT engine"

But once there I have the problem that I can select the correct source language, which in this case is Spanish, however as the target language I´m only being offered English (no other options, no dropdown menu).

Which is weird in itself, because my other pair has German (my native language) set as the target language for the MT engine. I have at no point ever translated into English.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and/or how I could possibly manage to create this second MT engine for Spanish-German.

Many thanks in advance.

Manuela
Collapse

Elena Mordenti
Elena Mordenti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:12
German to Italian
+ ...
Edit the existing MT Aug 16, 2019

Hi Manuela,
Just coming up on my mind you could amend the existing pair instead of creating a new one. It could go in conflict using a target language already created. I'm not sure actually but it's the only reason I can think about to solve this problem. Bye Elena

[Modificato alle 2019-08-16 18:42 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating a second adaptive MT engine in Studio 2019 for a different language pair

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »