Thread poster: sidlejinx
sidlejinx
sidlejinx
Ukraine
Local time: 00:10
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 12, 2019

I use SDL Trados Studio 2017. When I translate a project, segmets with AT status (like web links) are only shown in the Translation Results panel but never applied and confirmed automatically.
Can I make such AT segments get applied and confirmed automatically?

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:10
Member (2005)
French to English
Uncritical reproduction may be a hazard Jul 13, 2019

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I feel that a caveat should be voiced: some web links have language-specific elements ('en', 'fr' and the like) requiring exploration of the site to see what the target-language link should be for the same item. Without prejudice, obviously, to the desired answer here.

sidlejinx
sidlejinx
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not a weblink-specific problem Jul 13, 2019

Not only web links may have the AT status. Anyways, I'd like them to be applied and confirmed automatically. Is there a setting responsible for this feature?

Claudia
Claudia
Argentina
Local time: 19:10
Member (2005)
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Answer Jun 28, 2020

Hi,
Did you have any answer about this or did you find the answer by yourself? I'm having the same concern right know.
Thanks

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:10
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
perhaps try this? Jun 28, 2020

You can do it this way:
1. Pretranslate the file(s)
2. Filter for "Automatically translated"
3. Click on the little square above the segment numbers (top left) to select all segments
4. Right click over a segment number, select "Change Segment Status" then "Translated"

sidlejinx
sidlejinx
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Jun 28, 2020

I checked the "Apply machine translation if no matches found" box. Now, AT is added to a target segment but I still need to confirm it manually.

Claudia
Claudia
Argentina
Local time: 19:10
Member (2005)
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Some yes and some no Jun 30, 2020

Thanks to both for the answer.

What I can't understand is why (in the same project!!) the AT segments are confirmed automatically by Trados in some files but in other files I have to do it manually. I don't know if it's something due to each file' setting or what...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AT segments in Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »