SDL Trados automaticly replace terms
Thread poster: Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Dmitrij_1980 (X)  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Russian to German
Jun 27, 2019

Hallo.
There is a question about working with Trados. In trados, is there such a setting that (using machine translation from Google API) allowes trados automatically replace some words of machine translation with words from the terminological base?

Well, for example, the matter that needs to be translated into German often contains the word "management". The mashine translator from Google API uses automaticly also the word "management". But I would like that trados independ
... See more
Hallo.
There is a question about working with Trados. In trados, is there such a setting that (using machine translation from Google API) allowes trados automatically replace some words of machine translation with words from the terminological base?

Well, for example, the matter that needs to be translated into German often contains the word "management". The mashine translator from Google API uses automaticly also the word "management". But I would like that trados independently and automaticly after the mashine translation would replace the word "management" with the german word "steuerung" (which is in the terminological database as a translation of the word "management"). Thera are a lot of such words for my translation. So i would like to have the replacement automaticly. Machine translation is needed in order to create the ground structure, with which it will be possible to work.

Unfurtunatelynow i have only the testversion of SDL Trados and there its even not possible to use the multiterm plugin for terms and to try it out. And its also not possible to use other plugins in the test version. In the next vew day i have to decide which translation programm to buy. And this option, which i discribed above would be very useful.

Lg
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Re-posted below
NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 05:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Amazon API Jul 1, 2019

I believe that the Amazon API can use your custom glossaries and produce an MT output according to that glossaries.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:42
English to Russian
Hardly possible Jul 1, 2019

Once machine-translated, words in different languages may have different position in the sentence. How, do you think, Trados (or any other algorithm) can know which target word to select for replacement. Technically, you can train an MT engine based on source language. However, from what you describe, your plan is to train Trados based on target.
At MT level, you can train it as mentioned by NeoAtlas (plus other trainable MT engines); at Trados target level, you can't.

[Edited at 2
... See more
Once machine-translated, words in different languages may have different position in the sentence. How, do you think, Trados (or any other algorithm) can know which target word to select for replacement. Technically, you can train an MT engine based on source language. However, from what you describe, your plan is to train Trados based on target.
At MT level, you can train it as mentioned by NeoAtlas (plus other trainable MT engines); at Trados target level, you can't.

[Edited at 2019-07-01 10:37 GMT]
Collapse

Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Dmitrij_1980 (X)  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Russian to German
TOPIC STARTER
I have a solution Jul 1, 2019

@NeoAtlas Thank you for the answer! I will take a look at the Amazon API.

@Stepan Konev thank you for the answer.
Thats true in fact. I have already realized it. I´m new in translation and I didn´t know that the most translationprogramms are working with stone-age methods. But the companies advertise their product as if they are technology from future. But in fact they are stupid and simple. And for their product they charge a lot of money. Not all translation software is ov
... See more
@NeoAtlas Thank you for the answer! I will take a look at the Amazon API.

@Stepan Konev thank you for the answer.
Thats true in fact. I have already realized it. I´m new in translation and I didn´t know that the most translationprogramms are working with stone-age methods. But the companies advertise their product as if they are technology from future. But in fact they are stupid and simple. And for their product they charge a lot of money. Not all translation software is overpriced, but Trados and MemoQ definetly.

But there is a possibility to do that, what I have described in my question.
And it functions like this:
Create an account at Google Cloud
Create a projectin Google Cloud Translate Service
Create a Google Cloud Translate API
And then upload the termbase which you want to be taken in account during translation in the cloud.
Then connect the termbase with the API.
https://cloud.google.com/translate/docs/glossary
Use this API in a translation program.

Thats the theoretical part. But technicly its difficuilt. I dont know how to do it. The discription is there, but how to realize?!

Maybe this will also help someone for translating books with a lot of specific terms.

So i need consultation, how to connect the termbase to the API.

[Edited at 2019-07-01 13:10 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-07-01 13:12 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-07-01 13:12 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-07-01 13:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-07-01 13:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-07-01 13:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-07-01 13:30 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-07-01 13:39 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-07-01 13:50 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados automaticly replace terms

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »