PROZ.COM COVID-19 RESOURCE CENTER
Access Covid-19 jobs, answer relevant terminology questions, read industry news and more.

Bug in verify function
Publicador del fil: Roy Oestensen

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Noruega
Local time: 02:25
Mebre des-de 2010
Anglès a Noruec(Bokmal)
+ ...
May 16, 2019

I wonder if others have noticed the following, and have a solution so that one can reduce the number of false positives when running the verify function.

Source:
Examples of available *mounting solutions*:
Translation:
Eksempler på *monteringsløsninger*:
Error message:
Target segment does not contain the translated term for "mounting pad" - "Monteringsbrikke" expected.
Of course target does not contain the translated term for mounting pad, since
... See more
I wonder if others have noticed the following, and have a solution so that one can reduce the number of false positives when running the verify function.

Source:
Examples of available *mounting solutions*:
Translation:
Eksempler på *monteringsløsninger*:
Error message:
Target segment does not contain the translated term for "mounting pad" - "Monteringsbrikke" expected.
Of course target does not contain the translated term for mounting pad, since source doesn't have that term. Somehow the verify function reads "mounting" (or "mounting solution") and interprets it as "mounting pad", which, of course totally wrong.

Is there anyone who recognises what's going on and how to fix it? Or should I contact SDL and report this error?
Collapse


 

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Alemanya
Local time: 02:25
Mebre des-de 2006
Holandès a Alemany
+ ...
Termbase search match value May 16, 2019

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I wonder if others have noticed the following, and have a solution so that one can reduce the number of false positives when running the verify function.

Source:
Examples of available *mounting solutions*:
Translation:
Eksempler på *monteringsløsninger*:
Error message:
Target segment does not contain the translated term for "mounting pad" - "Monteringsbrikke" expected.
Of course target does not contain the translated term for mounting pad, since source doesn't have that term. Somehow the verify function reads "mounting" (or "mounting solution") and interprets it as "mounting pad", which, of course totally wrong.

Is there anyone who recognises what's going on and how to fix it? Or should I contact SDL and report this error?


Have you tried a higher match percentage in the termbase settings?


IanDhu
 

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Noruega
Local time: 02:25
Mebre des-de 2010
Anglès a Noruec(Bokmal)
+ ...
AUTOR DEL TEMA
Termbase setting? May 16, 2019

I haven't actually tried to change things, but in the project settings, I find Verification > Terminology verifier > Verification settings

I hope this is what you are referring to. It is set to 70 as the minimum value. It was tempting to set it to 100, or perhaps you have a different suggestion? At least things are not as they should just now.


 

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Alemanya
Local time: 02:25
Mebre des-de 2006
Holandès a Alemany
+ ...
Try a higher setting May 17, 2019

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I haven't actually tried to change things, but in the project settings, I find Verification > Terminology verifier > Verification settings

I hope this is what you are referring to. It is set to 70 as the minimum value. It was tempting to set it to 100, or perhaps you have a different suggestion? At least things are not as they should just now.


Exactly, that's what I meant. I'm not sure I'd go as far as 100, but I'd certainly try higher values and see what amount of "noise" you accept.


 

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Noruega
Local time: 02:25
Mebre des-de 2010
Anglès a Noruec(Bokmal)
+ ...
AUTOR DEL TEMA
Thanks May 17, 2019

I cannot say this is an expected behaviour. I would expect the speller to check the word as it is and not against something which is not supposed to be there.

But I have changed to 90% now. Will be interesting to see if this helps.


 

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Alemanya
Local time: 02:25
Mebre des-de 2006
Holandès a Alemany
+ ...
Expected behaviour May 17, 2019

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I cannot say this is an expected behaviour. I would expect the speller to check the word as it is and not against something which is not supposed to be there.


I disagree. This is how it should be. A certain amount of fuzziness is indispensable for inflective languages. Even with English as source language, you'd need two termbase entries per term in order to catch the plural form. Also, it makes sense to cater for misspellings.

Roy Oestensen wrote:
But I have changed to 90% now. Will be interesting to see if this helps.


The behaviour you're looking for should be achieved by a value of 100%, though 90% makes a lot more sense imho.

Let me know whether this works for you.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug in verify function

Advanced search







Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Cerca de termes
  • Feines
  • Fòrums
  • Multiple search