Transferring Trados 6.5 to new computer - still in demo mode
Thread poster: Ragnar Hanas
Ragnar Hanas
Ragnar Hanas
Sweden
Apr 19, 2019

I am still using 6.5 with S-Tagger and FrameMaker 7.2, works fine. But now I have a new computer with Windows 10. Trados installed, new license generated and Workbench opens fine. License manager shows successful test. However, I did the mistake of opening S-Tagger on my old computer in the same network to check the settings, which switched S-Tagger into demo mode on the new and now it stays there. I have returned the license from the old computer to my Trados account, but strangely Trados still... See more
I am still using 6.5 with S-Tagger and FrameMaker 7.2, works fine. But now I have a new computer with Windows 10. Trados installed, new license generated and Workbench opens fine. License manager shows successful test. However, I did the mistake of opening S-Tagger on my old computer in the same network to check the settings, which switched S-Tagger into demo mode on the new and now it stays there. I have returned the license from the old computer to my Trados account, but strangely Trados still can be opened there including full version of S-Tagger for FrameMaker. So the problem is how to switch the S-Tagger Frame demo mode from the new to the old computer? S-Tagger for Interleaf opens in full mode on the new computer since I have not opened it on the old computer. Do I need to uninstall Trados on my old computer or will the new computer "remember" the S-tagger status even then?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Ragnar
Collapse

Ragnar Hanas
Ragnar Hanas
Sweden
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Apr 22, 2019

After reading some old posts from 2004, I shut down the old computer completely and restarted the new computer a couple of times, but still demo. I had earlier experimented with compatibility settings, and had settled for Windows 95 for S-Tagger. However, when I now unchecked compatibility settings, S-Tagger immediately reversed to full mode without restarting the computer. A bit strange, but it worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transferring Trados 6.5 to new computer - still in demo mode

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »