Virginia Alvarez Rodriguez
Virginia Alvarez Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2019

Hello,

I wanted to ask, if it is possible to set daily word goals in SDL Trados Studio 2019, so when you reach the goal for the day, let's say 3000 words, Trados informs you about it.

Thank you in advance!

[Editado a las 2019-04-17 10:16 GMT]

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Look at the progress numbers at the bottom Apr 17, 2019

Virginia Alvarez Rodriguez wrote:
I wanted to ask, if it is possible to set daily word goals in SDL Trados Studio 2019, so when you reach the goal for the day, let's say 3000 words, Trados informs you about it.

As far as I know, Studio does not include such messages telling you when you have reached such a goal. But at the bottom right you can see a count indicating how many unconfirmed and confirmed words the project file currently has.

A solution would, therefore, be to note the numbers at the beginning of the day and then calculate what the numbers should be before you end for the day.

One thought; though: If most of the segments are no match segments, 3000 words would take much longer to process than if those 3000 words for instance are 100%. I, therefore, would think that it's more important to check how long you work each day. Finishing after 3 hours one day because the daily quota takes only 3 hours, and then 9 hours the next day because you need so much more time that day, does not seem very efficient to me.

Virginia Alvarez Rodriguez
Virginia Alvarez Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 26, 2019

Thank you Roy for your input. I agree with you in checking how much I work in a day. I am still not used to having this amount of work, and I am trying to meet deadlines, deliver a quality translation, and not work the entire day, although at times it seems impossible not to be caught up in work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting daily goals of word counts in Trados Studio 2019

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »