In SDL Trados Studio 2015, why can't I Save target as...?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 20:28
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 16, 2019

I have a big textfile on 8 MB but it turned out now I can not Save target as... for some reason. Any suggestions what could cause this? I get some error messages when opening the file, but it works fine to save it, although only as SDLXLIFF file.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Fredrik Apr 16, 2019

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:
I have a big textfile on 8 MB but it turned out now I can not "Save target as..." for some reason. Any suggestions what could cause this? I get some error messages when opening the file, but it works fine to save it, although only as SDLXLIFF file.

Are you normally able to use "Save target as" (with other files or other file types)? Is "Save target as" greyed out (not clickable) or can you actually click it (and then it does something)?

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Greyed out Apr 16, 2019

It's greyed out, non-selectable.

I could try with another file, perhaps it's only this file I can not Save target as...

Normally I don't use this old version of Studio, it's just that I had Chinese activated in it which I don't have for my latest version 2019.

The source is a mix of Chinese, Pinyin and English:

B超 B超 [B chao1] /B-mode ultrasonography/prenatal ultrasound scan/abbr. for B型超聲|B型超声[B xing2 chao1 sheng1]/

... See more
It's greyed out, non-selectable.

I could try with another file, perhaps it's only this file I can not Save target as...

Normally I don't use this old version of Studio, it's just that I had Chinese activated in it which I don't have for my latest version 2019.

The source is a mix of Chinese, Pinyin and English:

B超 B超 [B chao1] /B-mode ultrasonography/prenatal ultrasound scan/abbr. for B型超聲|B型超声[B xing2 chao1 sheng1]/

Target is Swedish.
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I know the reason now... Apr 16, 2019

I think I know the reason why I can't Save target as...

This is a big textfile and the Chinese characters, Pinyin (within square brackets) and the English translation all appear together in the source.

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:28
English to Russian
Try some bypass Apr 16, 2019

On the document page right-click on the problem file, then select Export -> Export bilingual in context menu.
This method works OK even on mqxliff files, copied from other computer (with grayed Export bilingual option in the main menu)
Good luck!
Oh sorry...
It's for MemoQ

[Редактировалось 2019-04-16 14:07 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In SDL Trados Studio 2015, why can't I Save target as...?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »