Terminology best verification settings for dealing with plural, gender and capital letters
Thread poster: Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:32
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 30, 2019

Dear colleagues

I'm translating from English into Spanish, and I have a huge terminology base on Multiterm, which I'm using. For verification purposes, I need to set the Verification Settings in order that the verification does not offer me false positives when it finds a term that is not 100% igual to the one in my termbase.
Let's say I have the English term "regulated", my entry in Spanish is "regulado". Nevertheless, in Spanish it could also be "regulada... See more
Dear colleagues

I'm translating from English into Spanish, and I have a huge terminology base on Multiterm, which I'm using. For verification purposes, I need to set the Verification Settings in order that the verification does not offer me false positives when it finds a term that is not 100% igual to the one in my termbase.
Let's say I have the English term "regulated", my entry in Spanish is "regulado". Nevertheless, in Spanish it could also be "regulada", "reguladas" or "regulados". I don't want that the verification tool finds an error when checking, lets say, the word "regulada".
A similar issue appears when the verification finds a difference in capitalization: "regulated" "Regulada" (error, according to the verification).
Which are the Minimum match value setting or other settings that should be applied in order to avoid those false positive errors?
Thanks!
Clarisa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology best verification settings for dealing with plural, gender and capital letters

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »