Error when exporting target file in SDL Studio 2017 SR1: "Please select a target location."
Thread poster: Víctor Mata Sánchez
Víctor Mata Sánchez
Víctor Mata Sánchez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 5, 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to export a target file on SDL Studio 2017 SR1, but I get the error message: "Please select a target location."
In the files view and with the file translated, I right click on the file, go to Batch tasks > Export files, I click next and immediately I get the error message when in the Batch processing > Export files section, under All languages pairs (this also happens in my language pair, but just in case it is relevant).
I am trying to export a docx
... See more
Hi all,

I am trying to export a target file on SDL Studio 2017 SR1, but I get the error message: "Please select a target location."
In the files view and with the file translated, I right click on the file, go to Batch tasks > Export files, I click next and immediately I get the error message when in the Batch processing > Export files section, under All languages pairs (this also happens in my language pair, but just in case it is relevant).
I am trying to export a docx file (Word 2016), but this is only happening with the translation packages I receive from one specific client. I can export similar files for other clients with no problem, so I guess it must be something to do with their packages or my settings.
I also tried changing the default global export location in Studio settings, but it does not work.

Does anyone have any clue on how to solve this?

Thanks and sorry if I am missing some piece of relevant information!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when exporting target file in SDL Studio 2017 SR1: "Please select a target location."

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »