Kjetil Holm  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 02:47
Member (2020)
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 24, 2019

Hello,

my problem is the following: I get an error message when trying to open a project package in Trados Studio 2019. It goes like this:

"Access to the path 'C:\Users\G55VW\AppData\Local\ElevatedDiagnostics' is denied"

Also, when doubleclicking on the project package in order to open it directly in Trados Studio 2019, I get the message "File type not supported". I have been reading some posts about this problem and know I have to change the name of some
... See more
Hello,

my problem is the following: I get an error message when trying to open a project package in Trados Studio 2019. It goes like this:

"Access to the path 'C:\Users\G55VW\AppData\Local\ElevatedDiagnostics' is denied"

Also, when doubleclicking on the project package in order to open it directly in Trados Studio 2019, I get the message "File type not supported". I have been reading some posts about this problem and know I have to change the name of some folders, but I do not know which folders in my case. Can anyone help?

Kjetil

[Edited at 2019-02-25 11:03 GMT]
Collapse

Kjetil Holm
Norway
Member (2020)
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any suggestions? Feb 25, 2019

I have a deadline today ...

Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 03:47
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
maybe this can help Feb 25, 2019

I haven't encountered this problem myself, but these two links may help.

One suggests re-naming two folders, the other changing the status of the file, if it's read-only or turning off the antivirus, which maybe be blocking access to it.
... See more
I haven't encountered this problem myself, but these two links may help.

One suggests re-naming two folders, the other changing the status of the file, if it's read-only or turning off the antivirus, which maybe be blocking access to it.

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/t/16887

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/t/13012

[Edited at 2019-02-25 11:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-02-25 11:58 GMT]
Collapse

Kjetil Holm
Norway
Member (2020)
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 25, 2019

Thanks, I solved the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open project package in Trados Studio 2019

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »