Show file name and location for TM search results
Thread poster: d2e
d2e
d2e
German to English
Feb 16, 2019

I'm wondering if there is a way to show the name and location of the file for segments found in TM search results.

When a segment is selected, the bottom panel on the right of the search results shows System Fields such as "Created on" and "Last modified on", but not the name or location of the file in which the segment occurs. I sometimes want to open the file for more context.

Perhaps there is a way to do it with Custom Fields? I spent over an hour trying to work out
... See more
I'm wondering if there is a way to show the name and location of the file for segments found in TM search results.

When a segment is selected, the bottom panel on the right of the search results shows System Fields such as "Created on" and "Last modified on", but not the name or location of the file in which the segment occurs. I sometimes want to open the file for more context.

Perhaps there is a way to do it with Custom Fields? I spent over an hour trying to work out how to create custom fields and failed completely, despite finding a description of how to do so, and then gave up, since I wasn't sure if I would be able to create a field for the file details in any case.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Show file name and location for TM search results

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »