Peter Schaefermeier
Peter Schaefermeier  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:30
English to German
+ ...
Feb 5, 2019

Hello,

I have translated a word document with SDL Trados 2019 and when I try to save the target text as a word document again only the source text is saved.

When I open the segments in the editor I get the error message "Related file not found. ..\..\..\AppData\Local\Temp... Original path: C:\...

Thanks for your help.

[Edited at 2019-02-05 17:51 GMT]

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Do you mean save or export? Feb 5, 2019

Could you please give a more step by step overview of what you do, so it will be easier for us to see where you may go wrong?

You cannot save either source or target, since it's not in the original format - you have to export the translated document to get it in the same format as the source document.

Peter Schaefermeier
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Step by step Feb 6, 2019

I have translated a word document using the editor in SDL Trados 2019 and I have clicked file > save target text. I have even checked and verified the documents and the tags before (F8).

[Edited at 2019-02-06 07:56 GMT]

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Checked for tag problems? Feb 6, 2019

There might be a tag problem here. I would run a Verify on the translation to see if some tags are misplaced or something.
Editor > Review > Verify

Also, I must confess I have never used your way of doing it.

Instead I am doing it as follows:
Home > Batch task > Generate Target Translations

So I can see why I misunderstood you.
Roy

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:30
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Comments? Feb 6, 2019

Peter Schaefermeier wrote:
I have translated a word document using the editor in SDL Trados 2019 and I have clicked file > save target text. I have even checked and verified the documents and the tags before (F8).

[Edited at 2019-02-06 07:56 GMT]

Peter, I have found that occasionally comments in the text can prevent saving of target text.

Dan

Peter Schaefermeier
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Verify, batch task Feb 6, 2019

Roy Oestensen wrote:

There might be a tag problem here. I would run a Verify on the translation to see if some tags are misplaced or something.
Editor > Review > Verify

Instead I am doing it as follows:
Home > Batch task > Generate Target Translations

Roy

I have run a Verify on the translation and corrected tags and I have generated the target translation with a batch task but the result is the same. I only get the source text as a result.

I think it has something to do with the error message and the missing related file. I have even deinstalled and installed SDL Trados 2019 again but I can get the source text when I want to save the target text.

[Edited at 2019-02-06 09:41 GMT]

Peter Schaefermeier
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Comments Feb 6, 2019

Dan Lucas wrote:

Peter, I have found that occasionally comments in the text can prevent saving of target text.

Dan

There are no comments in the text.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2019: It is not possible to save the target text

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »