Thread poster: Sara Carmona
Sara Carmona
Sara Carmona
Spain
Local time: 06:26
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 5, 2019

I wanted to delete a word from the dictionary and opened the CUSTOM.txt file where you can find the list. As the changes where not reflecting in Trados (2015), I tried deleting the file (saving it first in other folder) and then pasting it again to its original folder. Now the dictionary recognizes the words I already have in it, but the option to add new words is always inactive, and this is catastrophic for me.

Any ideas, apart from uninstalling and reinstalling Studio?

... See more
I wanted to delete a word from the dictionary and opened the CUSTOM.txt file where you can find the list. As the changes where not reflecting in Trados (2015), I tried deleting the file (saving it first in other folder) and then pasting it again to its original folder. Now the dictionary recognizes the words I already have in it, but the option to add new words is always inactive, and this is catastrophic for me.

Any ideas, apart from uninstalling and reinstalling Studio?

Thank you very much in advance!
Collapse

sayed mohamed

Thomas Loob
Thomas Loob  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 06:26
English to Swedish
+ ...
Same error in 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Surprising that nobody has offered a solution to this.
We are after all using a "productive" tool for translation that can't even get its icon after installation.
I changed my CUSTOM.dic to default and now I can add words again.
Dunno what removed that setting after installation of 2021.

[Redigerad 2021-11-15 08:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: I can no longer add words to the Hunspell dictionary

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »