Looking for a how-to video for learning the ropes of SDL Trados Studio Translation Memory Settings
Thread poster: Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:13
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 1, 2019

Dear all,

I generally find that YouTube videos, etc., are often an efficient alternative to reading PDF and online manuals.

I would like to learn how to properly and beneficially manage the Translation Memory Settings dialog options in Studio 2017/2019.

Under Fields and Settings, I would like to adeptly make use of the following fields: Name, Type, Picklist and Allow Multiple Values.

Here's why, this can be most helpful when translating and ed
... See more
Dear all,

I generally find that YouTube videos, etc., are often an efficient alternative to reading PDF and online manuals.

I would like to learn how to properly and beneficially manage the Translation Memory Settings dialog options in Studio 2017/2019.

Under Fields and Settings, I would like to adeptly make use of the following fields: Name, Type, Picklist and Allow Multiple Values.

Here's why, this can be most helpful when translating and editing those translations in Studio 2019 on two computers as a team when it comes to tasks such as ensuring adherence to customer terminology and customer translation history consistency, adapting existing customer translations in line with customer amendments to the respective source material, making sure that only our newest and thus most accurate, most "polished" translations of a given expression or even paragraph make it to our internal QA phase.

I would like to assign each of our (external, i.e. non-auto-generated) job-specific TMs a Project ID stamp (two-letter country code-customer number-month-year-number of project(s) for customer in month) when setting up the respective Studio project, or, if possible, on occasion also retroactively, and would like to assign a "Translation approved" stamp to each TU edited by the respective proofreader.

Cheers,

Sebastian Witte

[Edited at 2019-02-01 22:48 GMT]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 18:13
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Quite a lot Feb 2, 2019

Your needs sound rather special, so I believe you have to try out these settings yourself and make the video after that. Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a how-to video for learning the ropes of SDL Trados Studio Translation Memory Settings

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »