Martina Simon  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:45
Member (2006)
French to German
+ ...
Dec 22, 2018

Dear Community,
I experience all at once serious problems with Trados 2019 - Windows 10 after working some weeks with it. At certain segments (mostly where there is an concordance) Studio just crashes somtimes saying Bad module info has stopped working. Hav all reinstalled, also Windows and changed computer but the same problem on the other computer. Please help!!! Must deliver my work! Best regards Martina

Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
French to English
Try repairing Dec 22, 2018

At the risk of stating the obvious, it's a good idea to run the repair routine: Start menu > Settings > Programs & functions. Scroll to MS Office, right click and select Repair. This may take a quarter of an hour.

It would be agood idea to capture the Studio error message, using the screen capture key. You can then look for any matches in the SDL Studio support website.

I hope to have been of some use.

With best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.
... See more
At the risk of stating the obvious, it's a good idea to run the repair routine: Start menu > Settings > Programs & functions. Scroll to MS Office, right click and select Repair. This may take a quarter of an hour.

It would be agood idea to capture the Studio error message, using the screen capture key. You can then look for any matches in the SDL Studio support website.

I hope to have been of some use.

With best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

Adam Warren (IanDhu - translator 41189)
Collapse

Martina Simon
France
Member (2006)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 22, 2018

I did try repair at first, than deleting and installing Studio 2019 again, than installed Windows newly ... Same problem on my other computer. No error message just hangs up or somtimes "Bad module info stops working". Did not find anything about this in the community.

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
French to English
Perhaps a problem on a wider front Dec 23, 2018

It may be an idea to run a maintenance utility. I use WinZip System Utilities.

This can help with three main system problems:

- registry cleaning,
- hard-disk fragmentation, and
- disk sector problems.

Slowness due to lack of maintenance may cause complex software to crash.

I hope this may help. Otherwise, as I suggested, it would be wise to search the SDL support site, using the error message(s) you get when Studio crashes.
<
... See more
It may be an idea to run a maintenance utility. I use WinZip System Utilities.

This can help with three main system problems:

- registry cleaning,
- hard-disk fragmentation, and
- disk sector problems.

Slowness due to lack of maintenance may cause complex software to crash.

I hope this may help. Otherwise, as I suggested, it would be wise to search the SDL support site, using the error message(s) you get when Studio crashes.

Again, I hope this will help.

With kind regards,

Adam Warren (IanDhu - translator 41189).
Collapse

Martina Simon
France
Member (2006)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Dec 23, 2018

Yes indeed I also think that it is a wider problem, a Windows problem (Windows 1709) interfering with Studio. By the way my computer is completly new! And on my older one the same problem, either with Studio 2017 that I installed to try. Really complicated! I have found for the moment the trick to stop the research (where it crashes at certain segments) under editor>automation so I can at least work on my project without crashing but it is not a solution. I have contact the SDL support hope the... See more
Yes indeed I also think that it is a wider problem, a Windows problem (Windows 1709) interfering with Studio. By the way my computer is completly new! And on my older one the same problem, either with Studio 2017 that I installed to try. Really complicated! I have found for the moment the trick to stop the research (where it crashes at certain segments) under editor>automation so I can at least work on my project without crashing but it is not a solution. I have contact the SDL support hope they work one of the next days ... Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year to you and everyone who reads this!Collapse

Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe
Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Any solution Jan 22, 2019

Hi Martina,
I am experiencing the samme problem and I am very frustrated - it has taken me a whole day translating 1000 words. So I was wondering whether you found a solution to this annoying problem?
Thanks,
Mette

Martina Simon
France
Member (2006)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resorting Multiterm Jan 22, 2019

Dear Mette, I am with you it is terrible! I have found that it probably was due to Multiterm. I resorted the termbank and this seemed to have resolved the problem. But not sure that it was exactly that. As I stopped the crashes by the trick I explain above I moved than on to other projects and perhaps it was just time and new updates from Windows or so which resolved. Nevertheless I found that not all my terms in the termbase was shown or even no terms and after resorting I experienced better wo... See more
Dear Mette, I am with you it is terrible! I have found that it probably was due to Multiterm. I resorted the termbank and this seemed to have resolved the problem. But not sure that it was exactly that. As I stopped the crashes by the trick I explain above I moved than on to other projects and perhaps it was just time and new updates from Windows or so which resolved. Nevertheless I found that not all my terms in the termbase was shown or even no terms and after resorting I experienced better working flow and all my terms being show. Could this be a help to you?Collapse

Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
OKay... Jan 23, 2019

Hi again,
Thanks for your feedback.
So it was Multiterm that was the sinner... did you set up a new Multiterm base and import the terms into it? I have often experienced that the program lags when I add terms to Multiterm when working in Studio. It is very time consuming and also annoying.

Martina Simon
France
Member (2006)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
only reorganize the termbase Jan 23, 2019

Look here how to do: https://gateway.sdl.com/articles/FAQ/000001161

Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe

Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Thanks Jan 23, 2019

Thanks Martina
I hope this will help - as right now Studio crashes every other minute and does not save my work as it used to. Really weird. Otherwise, I will have to contact support.

milena ferrante
milena ferrante  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Studio 2019 crashes after last update, not sure who to address for help Jan 29, 2019

Hi

I am rather angry since this software costs a lot.

This is what happens and I cannot work:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

is the message which appears.

I tried several solutions but they didn't work.

Please let me know of any reference.

Thanks

Martina Simon
France
Member (2006)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not the same error message Jan 30, 2019

Dear Milena, I do not know if you have the same problem as its not the same error message. I resolved the problem by sorting the termbase. On my second computer where I had the same problem I had nothing else to do than that. Did you try?

Sigrid Andersen
Sigrid Andersen  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
Danish to German
+ ...
Constant crashes Jan 30, 2019

I have the same problem with constant crashes. I found this to happen only after the latest Trados service pack update. Tried to file a ticket with Trados - not possible???
How can this happen with such an expensive software?

Martina Simon
France
Member (2006)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes incredible Jan 30, 2019

And the best is that I tried to contact the support ready to pay for it. And they answered me only after 3 weeks! No help for my post in the SDL community either and no answer from them here though I informed them of this post. If I hadn't resolved it by myself this would have mentioned 3 weeks without being able to work. If there would be an alternative I switched over immediatly but there is not, all my clients work with Trados...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2019 SR1 crashes - cannot work anymore

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »