Tiziana Dandoli
Tiziana Dandoli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dec 10, 2018

Hi,
my Trados 2011 is not working, I always get error messages, and maybe I'll have to reinstall it. In the meantime, how can I work on sdlxliff files? I see that, for example, Wordfast and CafeTran can open them, but then can I save them back in sdlxliff format?
Thank you!

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Yes Dec 10, 2018

Hello Tiziana,

Many CAT tools support SDLXLIFF files, albeit with some limitations, depending on the tool. By support, I mean opening and saving translated SDLXLIFF files.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of CAT tools that handle SDLXLIFF files (some also support SDL Trados packages):

OFFLINE: MemoQ, Wordfast Pro, CafeTran Espresso, Omegat (with the Okapi Filters Plugin), Déjà Vu, Swordfish.

ONLINE: Memsource (also offers a Desktop editor), Wo
... See more
Hello Tiziana,

Many CAT tools support SDLXLIFF files, albeit with some limitations, depending on the tool. By support, I mean opening and saving translated SDLXLIFF files.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of CAT tools that handle SDLXLIFF files (some also support SDL Trados packages):

OFFLINE: MemoQ, Wordfast Pro, CafeTran Espresso, Omegat (with the Okapi Filters Plugin), Déjà Vu, Swordfish.

ONLINE: Memsource (also offers a Desktop editor), Wordfast Anywhere, Matecat, Smartcat, XTM Cloud.

Jean

[Edited at 2018-12-10 14:58 GMT]
Collapse

Vadim Kadyrov

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Work on a sldxillf file and deliver a sldxillf file without Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »