Find and replace window has disappeared!!
Thread poster: bevwahl
bevwahl
bevwahl  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:03
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
Dec 8, 2018

I have Studio 17 and two monitors.

Yes, I had the Find and replace window on the second monitor.

But I have not closed the monitor - both are fully up and running, and the Find and replace was working earlier. I didn't even close studio between the last time I was using Find and replace and when it suddenly wasn't there anymore. I still see the window if I use Alt+Tab to run through open programs.

I see this is an old problem on earlier versions, but couldn
... See more
I have Studio 17 and two monitors.

Yes, I had the Find and replace window on the second monitor.

But I have not closed the monitor - both are fully up and running, and the Find and replace was working earlier. I didn't even close studio between the last time I was using Find and replace and when it suddenly wasn't there anymore. I still see the window if I use Alt+Tab to run through open programs.

I see this is an old problem on earlier versions, but couldn't get the old remedies to work.

Help! I have a deadline!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:03
English to Russian
Move Dec 8, 2018

Type “move invisible window” in google search (without quotation marks).
Click hit #1
https://www.google.ru/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/bring-misplaced-off-screen-windows-back-to-your-desktop-keyboard-trick/amp/

Method 2 (Keyboard Trick) will always do the trick.

bevwahl
bevwahl  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:03
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
TOPIC STARTER
Finding Find and replace window Dec 9, 2018

Thank you very much, Stepan!

Method 1 did not work. The Find window did not appear among the cascaded windows.

I changed the active window and tried method 2. Note that the 'inactive' window displayed all the other programs, including Multiterm.

I tried Method 2 and was having no luck moving the window (it lay under the main Trados window and I couldn't get a fix on it) and then in desperation I tried Cascade again - and suddenly my window was there.
... See more
Thank you very much, Stepan!

Method 1 did not work. The Find window did not appear among the cascaded windows.

I changed the active window and tried method 2. Note that the 'inactive' window displayed all the other programs, including Multiterm.

I tried Method 2 and was having no luck moving the window (it lay under the main Trados window and I couldn't get a fix on it) and then in desperation I tried Cascade again - and suddenly my window was there.

Thanks again for your very prompt assistance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Find and replace window has disappeared!!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »