Can I merge xliff files during project creation and get single xliffs back?
Thread poster: Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:48
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Nov 29, 2018

Dear colleagues,

I know that it in Studio 2017, it is not possible to merge sdlxliff source files into one sdlxliff and get the single sdlxliff files back after translation.

Is the same true if the source files are xliff instead?

Many thanks in advance,
kind regards,
Erik

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:48
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Erik Nov 29, 2018

Erik Freitag wrote:
I know that it in Studio 2017, it is not possible to merge sdlxliff source files into one sdlxliff and get the single sdlxliff files back after translation. Is the same true if the source files are xliff instead?

It is my understanding that file merging only works on SDLXLIFF files. This means that any other file type (including generic XLIFF) will be converted to SDLXLIFF first, and then you can merge them (but not split them again, as usual).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I merge xliff files during project creation and get single xliffs back?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »