Pascal Grandpierre  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:19
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 27, 2018

Dear Community,

I need help upgrading my SDL MultiTerm termbanks which have been created long time ago with either 2011 or 2013 and still have the old editing layout to the new layout which has been used since version 2017, as far as I remember. Unfortunately the SDL support in their Knowledge Base only shows how to upgrade from 2007 to 2011. I tried it myself, but it didn't work. This is not a critical request, as my existing termbanks also work fine in their old layout, but I want
... See more
Dear Community,

I need help upgrading my SDL MultiTerm termbanks which have been created long time ago with either 2011 or 2013 and still have the old editing layout to the new layout which has been used since version 2017, as far as I remember. Unfortunately the SDL support in their Knowledge Base only shows how to upgrade from 2007 to 2011. I tried it myself, but it didn't work. This is not a critical request, as my existing termbanks also work fine in their old layout, but I want to have them adapted to the layout of newer termbanks. Can someone please help me and tell me the steps to perform that upgrade, or where to find the correct option in either SDL Studio 2019 or in SDL MultiTerm 2019.
Thank you!
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:19
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Select Default layout Nov 28, 2018

Hi Pascal,

There's no need to do anything, as the Default layout doesn't modify the structure of the termbase, only how it's shown to the user. Add your termbase as usual in Studio and in the Termbase Viewer just select the Default layout instead of the Flags layout or whichever other one you have active.

Pascal Grandpierre

Pascal Grandpierre
Pascal Grandpierre  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:19
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
as simple as that! Nov 28, 2018

Thank you, Nora! Exactly what I meant and I was searching for! Problem solved!

Nora Diaz wrote:

Hi Pascal,

There's no need to do anything, as the Default layout doesn't modify the structure of the termbase, only how it's shown to the user. Add your termbase as usual in Studio and in the Termbase Viewer just select the Default layout instead of the Flags layout or whichever other one you have active.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrade termbank from "old" layout to 2017/2019 layout

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »