Annett Roessner
Annett Roessner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:39
Member (2017)
English to German
Nov 24, 2018

Hi all,

I have run into a rather frustrating issues. I'm working on a 10,000 word document with quite a bit of repeating phrases. Unfortunately, after a while the TM is suggesting matches in the SL instead of the TL. There are still matches shown in the TL but I have to scroll down for that and it will insert the English text into my translation not German, which is not what I want (I work from English to German). I had a play with the TM-Settings yesterday because I wanted to decr
... See more
Hi all,

I have run into a rather frustrating issues. I'm working on a 10,000 word document with quite a bit of repeating phrases. Unfortunately, after a while the TM is suggesting matches in the SL instead of the TL. There are still matches shown in the TL but I have to scroll down for that and it will insert the English text into my translation not German, which is not what I want (I work from English to German). I had a play with the TM-Settings yesterday because I wanted to decrease the match threshold to help with my translation and it worked a treat until this happened. So before all worked fine. Did I accidently cause this? How do I get rid of the English matches?

Tia.

Annett
Collapse

Janine Teuscher
Janine Teuscher  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:39
English to German
+ ...
English segments in the TM? Nov 27, 2018

Hi Annett,

if the TM suggests matches in the source language that might mean that there are confirmed matches in the TM which are the wrong language, i.e. that haven't been translated but copied into the target text and confirmed. If these matches show up first it is because they have a higher match value.

I think you might have to delete those matches manually from the TM. Open the TM in the Translation Memory View, find a good search term ("the"?) and search for it i
... See more
Hi Annett,

if the TM suggests matches in the source language that might mean that there are confirmed matches in the TM which are the wrong language, i.e. that haven't been translated but copied into the target text and confirmed. If these matches show up first it is because they have a higher match value.

I think you might have to delete those matches manually from the TM. Open the TM in the Translation Memory View, find a good search term ("the"?) and search for it in the target text and then delete all those segments that are the wrong language.

I can't think of a better way without actually looking at your screen.

I hope this helps.

Viele Grüße
Janine
Collapse

Annett Roessner
Annett Roessner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:39
Member (2017)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Vielen Dank, Janine. Dec 4, 2018

Your answer has helped me a lot.

Have a great day.

Viele Grüße

Annett

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM in Studio 20190 showing matches in Source Language

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »