Thread poster: Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
Local time: 17:22
German to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 22, 2018

When I opened Studio 2017 today, the Project list was missing. This means I cannot access any of my Projects - partiocularly the one on which I have to work today.

Any ideas what can have caused this?

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
Can you re-open the project directly? Nov 22, 2018

Good morning Hans,

sounds like the internal Trados file that contains the list of active projects was damaged. Can you do "Open Project" in Trados, navigate to the project (*.sdlproj) you want to work on, and open it?

All the best,
Ricki

Clarisa Moraña

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, the project does not open Nov 22, 2018

No - I have tried that several times, and each time I get the message "This project has already been opened in SDL Trados Studio 2017 and added to the project list." BUT the project list is empty - AND the project does not open!

And the file projects.xml looks quite normal.

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
English to German
You could try to open it via Explorer Nov 22, 2018

Maybe at least a solution to translate your current project:

Usually the project is stored in „Documents“ > „Studio 2017“ > „Projects“ > The folder containing your current project.
Here you should be able to open the .sdlproj file.

HTH

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That did no work either - but I found the solution! Nov 22, 2018

The solution was really very simple:

I had looked a number of times at the file projects.xml, and it looked completely correct. BUT I had missed to look at the filter settings for the project list properly. It finally turned out that the settings had been changed (not by me, at least not consciously) so that only completed projects should show - and none of my projects are marked as completed. When I realised that, all my projects showed up again.

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
Thank you for the solution, Hans Nov 22, 2018

I didn't even know such a filter existed! Hope I remember this if my projects ever start playing hide-and-seek with me.

Ricki

Mark Nathan
Silke Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Oroject list emnpty (Studio 2017)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »