Thread poster: Ronald van Riet
Ronald van Riet
Ronald van Riet  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:22
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 9, 2018

In Studio 2017 I have become used to working from source pdf files that are treated as translatable and that are converted to an sdlxliff files without problems. In fact, it does a very good job extracting the text and later merging in the pictures when exporting as a Word document.
Studio 2019 marks the same pdf file as translatable, but in the next step creating the project, it says that the project needs at least one translatable file.
I am following exactly the same procedure as
... See more
In Studio 2017 I have become used to working from source pdf files that are treated as translatable and that are converted to an sdlxliff files without problems. In fact, it does a very good job extracting the text and later merging in the pictures when exporting as a Word document.
Studio 2019 marks the same pdf file as translatable, but in the next step creating the project, it says that the project needs at least one translatable file.
I am following exactly the same procedure as in 2017 (in fact, I had them next to each other on my screens) but it simply doesn't want to work with them.
Is this a known problem or has the procedure changed in the 2019 version?
Collapse

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:22
French to English
+ ...
Had the same problem with regular Word files Nov 9, 2018

This sometimes happens, for no apparent reason. I don't think this is specific for PDF files. In such a case, I generally delete all the automatically created folders, make sure there is an empty folder where the new project will be created and retry. It may take two-three attempts, but the "shortened" project-creation procedure will eventually create the project.
HTH,
Sandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2019 doesn't import pdf files that work with Studio 2017

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »