Thomas Loob
Thomas Loob  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 00:44
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 8, 2018

Hello
I use Passolo 2016 and Trados Studion 2017 to translate product Ui and corresponding help files.
The TM for the help files is loaded on use in Passolo and updated.
When I search for fuzzies (it never shows any results - wonder why) I must use Concordance, but it doesn't show any hits from the loaded TM. A search in the TM as an independent file shows results.
I changed the language from Swedish (the general) to Swedish (Sweden) - which is a sublanguage - and then it
... See more
Hello
I use Passolo 2016 and Trados Studion 2017 to translate product Ui and corresponding help files.
The TM for the help files is loaded on use in Passolo and updated.
When I search for fuzzies (it never shows any results - wonder why) I must use Concordance, but it doesn't show any hits from the loaded TM. A search in the TM as an independent file shows results.
I changed the language from Swedish (the general) to Swedish (Sweden) - which is a sublanguage - and then it showed results from the loaded TM, but NOT the result I saw in the standalone search.
This is a serious bug/fault/error/whatever as it is difficult to maintain consistency between UI and help files.
What is the reason for this behavior in Passolo and is there a solution?
Collapse

Thomas Loob
Thomas Loob  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 00:44
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The sound of silence... Nov 15, 2018

Bet that was so complicated that SDL chose to ignore it.
Now I have Studio imporing 40 thousand TUs and the indexing was going for 2 hours before I cancelled it, it is still "cancelling" itself for half an hour now...and I hve no access to the program to work.
Did you guys program it in Visual Basic?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo 2016 and use of Studio TM - hits not shown

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »