Add-In for Term extraction based on word repetitions
Thread poster: Christian Schmidt
Oct 23, 2018

Hello,

currently I'm looking for an Add-In for SDL Trados Studio 2019 that lets me create a termbase with terms out of a document (could
be a project file) based on the amount of repetitions.

For example:
It should show me which words gets repeated how many times. Then I should be able to select for example the top 10 repeated words and create a termbase out of that.

Is this in any way possible? I feel SDL MultiTerm Extract doesn't work the way
... See more
Hello,

currently I'm looking for an Add-In for SDL Trados Studio 2019 that lets me create a termbase with terms out of a document (could
be a project file) based on the amount of repetitions.

For example:
It should show me which words gets repeated how many times. Then I should be able to select for example the top 10 repeated words and create a termbase out of that.

Is this in any way possible? I feel SDL MultiTerm Extract doesn't work the way I need it do, or does it?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Collapse

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:07
Member (2014)
English to German
SDL app store Oct 24, 2018

Hello Christian,

You could try 'projectTermExtract':

https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/projecttermextract/817/

HTH

Christian Schmidt

Christian Schmidt
Christian Schmidt
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your suggestion Oct 24, 2018

Hello Silke,

thanks for your suggestion. I am currently trying it currently. It kind of does what I need, but some things might be missing.
Have your worked with the add-in by yourself already?

Ivana UK

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:07
Member (2014)
English to German
Yes, but... Oct 24, 2018

I am using it (in SDL Trados Studio 2017) sometimes. In a few cases it was helpful. But most often I prefer to create a new termbase for the project and to add terms when they are appearing in the text.

Muhammad Alkhateeb
Muhammad Alkhateeb
Local time: 18:07
English to Arabic
Trados Glossary Creation/ Term Extraction Jun 13, 2020

You can use this to extract terms from Trados files/projects and create TB / Glossaries

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add-In for Term extraction based on word repetitions

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »