Thread poster: Colin Mansell
Colin Mansell
Colin Mansell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:04
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Oct 13, 2018

When I try to install the 30 trial version on my 32 bit Windows 7 laptop, the routine always halts at the Visual C++ redistributable stage, giving error 23.

I have a job outstanding. Any ideas why this is happening or how to get past this error?

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:04
English to Thai
+ ...
Manually install Visual C++ redistribution Oct 13, 2018

Colin Mansell wrote:

When I try to install the 30 trial version on my 32 bit Windows 7 laptop, the routine always halts at the Visual C++ redistributable stage, giving error 23.

I have a job outstanding. Any ideas why this is happening or how to get past this error?

I successfully installed the trial version by downloading and reinstalling Visual C++ redistribution by my self. On the next installation, the setup files ignore this stage without any notice.

Soonthon L.

Colin Mansell
Colin Mansell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:04
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried that, and it didn't work Oct 13, 2018

Thought of that, even tried rebooting the computer to see if Windows was blocking something. The process stopped at the same point.

[Edited at 2018-10-13 08:34 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installation of 30 day trial halts at Visual C++ redistributable

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »