Cannot download client docs into Trados (or any other app)
Thread poster: Will Volny
Will Volny
Will Volny  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:18
Member (2018)
Czech to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2018

I apologise for perhaps asking a question that has been asked often. I tried to research this topic, but the number of posts was daunting. I received 3 documents, in .zip format, from a client. The total is about 6000 words, but there might be many graphics involved. In any case, I either do not know how to download them into TRADOS, or there is an issue with the files. When I try to put them into TRADOS, there is a message that says 'this file not supported.' I have tried to unzip the fil... See more
I apologise for perhaps asking a question that has been asked often. I tried to research this topic, but the number of posts was daunting. I received 3 documents, in .zip format, from a client. The total is about 6000 words, but there might be many graphics involved. In any case, I either do not know how to download them into TRADOS, or there is an issue with the files. When I try to put them into TRADOS, there is a message that says 'this file not supported.' I have tried to unzip the files, but there has been also no success. I have tried the 'winzip' and also Zip7, but these do not unzip the files.
Of course there is another problem I don't know how to solve, once I succeed in opening the files. The 3 zip files are from one document. Does TRADOS somehow combine them, or do I translate each as a separate document? But this second is an idle wonderment, since I cannot even open them to translate.
I will welcome your input as my timeline is wasting away with this 'unsolvable' problem.
kind regards,
Will
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot download client docs into Trados (or any other app)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »