Thread poster: Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 08:10
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 8, 2018

I wake up this morning with a delivery and Studio refusing to save to target due to a "Boolean" error. I go check the SDL DB and try both solutions to no avail (maybe the downgrade didn't go so well due to leftovers of the most updated version of Studio. 2 questions.
TO SDL: If you know your updates are bugged, why do you keep pushing them on PAYING USERS? Aren't you tired of treating users as guinea pigs?
TO PROZ Colleagues: Do you know of any solution to this problem?

... See more
I wake up this morning with a delivery and Studio refusing to save to target due to a "Boolean" error. I go check the SDL DB and try both solutions to no avail (maybe the downgrade didn't go so well due to leftovers of the most updated version of Studio. 2 questions.
TO SDL: If you know your updates are bugged, why do you keep pushing them on PAYING USERS? Aren't you tired of treating users as guinea pigs?
TO PROZ Colleagues: Do you know of any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Enrico
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 07:10
English to Thai
+ ...
Redo the processes Oct 8, 2018

I successfully saved in a previous version of Trados by using that TM. This may help.

Regards
Soonthon L.

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 08:10
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It did not work Oct 8, 2018

Dear Soonthon,

Thanks for your kind suggestion. I did try and it didn't work. I suspect the uninstall needs also a manual cleaning. Unfortunately, translating isn't my primary job anymore. So i don't have so much time to waste on CAT issues as i have a specific amount of time allocated for translating work and then i need to do else. These issues don't help me streamline my workflow for sure.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 and the refusal to save IDML files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »