Verena Milbers
Verena Milbers  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Oct 5, 2018

Hello everybody,
do you know how I can make an analysis with SDL Studio 2015 without taking into consideration the HTML Code? The problem is that this code is integrated in the sentences. Is there a possibility in Trados to count the words without the Html Code?
Thank you !

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 23:34
English to German
Create a file copy, delete the HTML, then count the remainder Oct 5, 2018

nT

Verena Milbers
Verena Milbers  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IMPOSSIBLE Oct 5, 2018

The html need to stay in the final document. Moreover I cannot erase all html codes in a text with over 300,000 words and there is one html code all 10 words! With memoQ it is impossible to opt for an analysis without html codes, so I suppose SDL STUDIO 2015 should have such a feature too. Please tell me if you know where exactly this feature can be found in Trados...
Thank you.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 23:34
English to German
Lateral thinking solves many problems Oct 6, 2018

Verena Milbers wrote:

The html need to stay in the final document.

That's why I said "create a copy". Just modify the copy (i. e. delete the HTML), analyze it, then put it into the waste bin.

I cannot erase all html codes in a text with over 300,000 words

Why not? Surely your word processor offers a search-and-replace function with a "Replace all" option. Search for a string that starts & ends with arrow brackets and replace it by a space at all occurrences.

Sara Massons

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL analysis without HTML-Code

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »