Thread poster: Kitty Maerz
Kitty Maerz
Kitty Maerz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:06
English to German
+ ...
Sep 29, 2018

I just finished my translation but when I try to save the target text I get an error message "Objektverweis nicht auf Objektinstanz festgelegt". The same thing happened the last time and I ended up copying/pasting the whole text as there was no time to figure out a solution. I thought it was caused by a problem with tags etc. but this is a pretty straight-forward excel file with hardly any tags.

I hardly ever use Trados anymore so I am probably doing something wrong in the setup of
... See more
I just finished my translation but when I try to save the target text I get an error message "Objektverweis nicht auf Objektinstanz festgelegt". The same thing happened the last time and I ended up copying/pasting the whole text as there was no time to figure out a solution. I thought it was caused by a problem with tags etc. but this is a pretty straight-forward excel file with hardly any tags.

I hardly ever use Trados anymore so I am probably doing something wrong in the setup of the file/project. Please help - I have two more files to do by tomorrow but there doesn't seem much point if I have to copy/paste everything at the end.
Collapse

Kitty Maerz
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Additional information Sep 30, 2018

Come to think of it - I am not sure whether Trados has ever worked properly on my new computer. I have had it for about a year but as mentioned before I hardly ever need Trados. So is there something that could be wrong from the beginning (i.e. when setting up the program)?

Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 07:06
English to Bulgarian
file type? Sep 30, 2018

Hello!

What is the file type of the files you're translating?

Regards,
Dimmo

Kitty Maerz
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excel Sep 30, 2018

It is a simple excel file.

Actually, I am pretty sure the problem is a more general one. I have tried to download the Trados 2019 trial version but get a somewhat similar error message right when the installation starts (which then is cancelled). So the problem must be a computer/Trados/Windows one, I think.

Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 07:06
English to Bulgarian
Re-translate the files using Microsoft Excel 2007-2016 file type Sep 30, 2018

This is a very common error indeed, it occurs most often with Excel files.

Best approach is to re-translate the files using Microsoft Excel 2007-2016 file type (I guess yours are using different one) with file type identifier SpreadsheetML v. 1.

Create a new project, based on the existing one. When it comes to adding the source files, make sure all Excel file types are disabled except Microsoft Excel 2007-2016. Add the files from your old project source folder if you do
... See more
This is a very common error indeed, it occurs most often with Excel files.

Best approach is to re-translate the files using Microsoft Excel 2007-2016 file type (I guess yours are using different one) with file type identifier SpreadsheetML v. 1.

Create a new project, based on the existing one. When it comes to adding the source files, make sure all Excel file types are disabled except Microsoft Excel 2007-2016. Add the files from your old project source folder if you don't have them elsewhere. Use just three batch tasks: Convert to translatable format, Copy to target languages and Apply Perfect Match (set it to Use original translation origin and status). You won't have to specify which previously translated files will be applied cause your project will be based on your old project.
In theory, after perfect-matching all files will be 100% translated. If they're not, check what's wrong. Export the translation then, it should be working.
Collapse

Kitty Maerz
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 30, 2018

I couldn't quite get it to work like you said (I really use the program so rarely) but I did manage to limit the files to that one kind and it seems to work!

Thanks so much - this will save me several hours of copying/pasting as the file is quite lengthy. I very, very much appreciate it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 Error Objektverweis nicht auf Objektinstanz festgelegt

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »