Thread poster: Olivier Den Hartigh
Olivier Den Hartigh
Olivier Den Hartigh  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:25
English to French
Sep 25, 2015

Hello everybody,

I am using Studio 2015 and for some reasons, the status of my project is stuck Archived, which means all batch tasks are greyoud out.
Help mentions I have to Click the Restore Project button to restore the project back to In Progress but I can't seem to find it or understand why this is happening.

Anybody be able help, please?

Javier Grande
Javier Grande  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:25
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Easy to do using an external text editor Sep 26, 2018

Even if it's a long time since this question was posted, I am going to explain how I did it, just in case someone else may find it useful.

I had the same problem (in Studio 2017): Somehow the status of my project was "Archived" (so I was not able to perform Batch Tasks, for instance) and the "Revert to In Progress" option in the Home tab was grayed out.

I was not able to solve this issue from the Studio interface. However, it is easy enough to tackle it using an externa
... See more
Even if it's a long time since this question was posted, I am going to explain how I did it, just in case someone else may find it useful.

I had the same problem (in Studio 2017): Somehow the status of my project was "Archived" (so I was not able to perform Batch Tasks, for instance) and the "Revert to In Progress" option in the Home tab was grayed out.

I was not able to solve this issue from the Studio interface. However, it is easy enough to tackle it using an external text editor (like Notepad). Just open the corresponding .sdlproj file (in Windows the path should be something like "c:/Users/User/Documents/Studio 2017/Projects/Project_Name/Project_Name.sdlproj"), look for the following line:

GeneralProjectInfo ArchivedAt="..." StartedAt="..." ... Status="Archived" ...

Then remove the part

ArchivedAt="..."

and replace

Status="Archived" ---> Status="Started"

Just save the file and the next time you open Studio, the status of the project will be "In progress".

[Edited at 2018-09-26 12:28 GMT]
Collapse

Lorenzo Bermejo
Rosa Bellekom
Biuro PUNKT

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project is stuck on Archived Status

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »