Thread poster: Michael Alger
Lucía Vázquez Sevilla
Lucía Vázquez Sevilla
Spain
Local time: 21:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you from me too! Jan 27, 2019

It happened to me today with Trados Studio 2015. I panicked when I could not edit any file in any project. I would have never guessed the solution was so simple, thank you very much!

Krystal Jones
Krystal Jones  Identity Verified
United States
French to English
+ ...
Thank you! Mar 26, 2019

Years later and your reply has helped me out a lot. It was a life saver since I am finding Trados 2019 an absolute nightmare and wanted to be able to use my trusty old 2011 version but I kept getting that annoying error message. What a relief that I found your post!

Thanks again.

[Edited at 2019-03-26 13:52 GMT]

Jana Doleželová
Jana Doleželová  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Thank you! Jun 10, 2019

Worked like a charm!

Michael Kazakov
Michael Kazakov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 22:57
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you Matheus Nov 3, 2021

Thank you Matheus!

Matheus Chaud wrote:

I had the same problem in Trados 2019, but mine wasn't so simple - just closing and reopening didn't solve the issue.

This was after I formatted my notebook and installed Trados. I had problems with template location - I've changed folders after formatting.

In case someone has the same problem, go to File -> Setup -> Project templates and update the information there, so that all templates are in the correct folders (remove current templates and import the files with the correct location).

[Edited at 2019-01-07 17:06 GMT]

I had this exact problem with a fresh Trados 2019 installation on a newly formatted Windows 11 computer. Your suggestion worked perfectly. I can now create new projects and it works as intended.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error occurred while trying to determine the file version

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »