Thread poster: Eltigani
Eltigani
Eltigani  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:16
English to Arabic
May 17, 2013

Hi there
Any idea about how I can buy or get a Translation Memory for both directions Arabic to English and English to Arabic?? plus Auto-suggest dictionary or Term bases

I mean I tried to build my own TMs but the thing really consume months or may years to make a good one like google translate

Best Regards
Eltigni
Tokyo

Mohammad ALZYOUD

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:16
English
Using someone elses TMs May 18, 2013

Hi Eltigni,

I would think, that if you used a TM from someone else then it may not be very relevant for the type of work you do. So I guess being specific about the kind of work you translate might help if anyone is prepared to share/sell their resources with you.

Failing that, and it you think Google Translate does a good job then why not search the internet for articles in your subject matter. Copy them to your desktop (at least enough to give you 25000 translation
... See more
Hi Eltigni,

I would think, that if you used a TM from someone else then it may not be very relevant for the type of work you do. So I guess being specific about the kind of work you translate might help if anyone is prepared to share/sell their resources with you.

Failing that, and it you think Google Translate does a good job then why not search the internet for articles in your subject matter. Copy them to your desktop (at least enough to give you 25000 translation units), pretranslate them using machine translation with Google and then update the results to a TM.

Now you have a TM and the basics for an autosuggest dictionary.

Termbases probably need to be even more specific to your subject matter before tney are useful but you can find one from the Microsoft Terminology collection already prepared for MultiTerm on the OpenExchange here : http://goo.gl/qDbB1

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Eltigani
Japan
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Translation Memories Arabic/English/Arabic May 20, 2013

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your time and your interesting and insightful points
My job is to translate news stories from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic and some times government documents between ministries and agencies, but still I do not know the forum for my ad.

Thanks again
Eltigani
Tokyo

Eltigani
Japan
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Using someone elses TMs May 20, 2013

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your time and your interesting and insightful points
My job is to translate news stories from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic and some times government documents between ministries and agencies, but still I do not know the appropriate forum for my ad.

Thanks again
Eltigani
Tokyo

Mokhtar Nabaleh
Mokhtar Nabaleh
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Here you are Dec 7, 2018

https://glossarissimo.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/ar-en-tmx-meedan-releases-the-worlds-first-open-access-arabic-english-translation-memory-ميدان-تطلق-أول-ذاكر/

Salma Madani

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Memories Arabic/English/Arabic

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »