Tone Halling
Tone Halling  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 02:00
Member (2004)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 2, 2013

I have a recurring problem when I try to create a return package in Studio 2011: For some reason two return packages are created, and the second one has a longer name than the first one. So far my clients have accepted the two packages without complaining (I have been sending both because I don't know which one contains the translated files), but it really should be possible to create just one return package? Is it because I've opened the translation files in review mode as well as translation m... See more
I have a recurring problem when I try to create a return package in Studio 2011: For some reason two return packages are created, and the second one has a longer name than the first one. So far my clients have accepted the two packages without complaining (I have been sending both because I don't know which one contains the translated files), but it really should be possible to create just one return package? Is it because I've opened the translation files in review mode as well as translation mode?

Grateful for any help

Tone
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Can you share the name of the files you are getting? May 3, 2013

Hi Tone,

I haven't come across this one before, can you tell us the full names of the files you are getting?

Regards

Paul

Tone Halling
Norway
Member (2004)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Two return packages May 3, 2013

The first one is called "K-ANG-16083" and the second one "K-ANG-16083-18h28m51s". Both have the file types "sdlrpx". It looks like the second one has added the time for when the package was created...

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Tone

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Do you have any backup software running... May 3, 2013

... or something that is saving files on a regular basis? This is a new one for me but a google around finds similar issues occurring for some users when they have back up software configured to update the history of their work too frequently, and some reported a similar effect when using disk defragmentation software.

Certainly I really don't think this is Studio causing this, rather something else on your machine.

Regards

Paul

Tone Halling
Norway
Member (2004)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Two return packages May 4, 2013

Thanks a million for that tip Seems it was the backup software Seagate Dashboard that caused this; After uninstalling Seagate, only one return package is now created.

Kind regards,
Tone

Norak
Norak
Local time: 19:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
And which one is the good one? Apr 21, 2018

Hello Tone,

I have the same problem that you had. However, I don't have a backup software installed (or at least, I think so). So my question is, now that your problem is solved, does the name of your return packages still have the time added? I just want to be sure of sending the good package...

Thanks in advance!

Nora

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating return packages in SDL Studio 2011

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »