Thread poster: Ana Pazos
Ana Pazos
Ana Pazos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 2, 2020

I received an email today from "Teva Pharmaceuticals" and it is almost identical to a previous scam offer with Penguin Random House. They found my contact info on the ATA webpage.

Among other things, the email states:

"If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:
You've been assigned to Franz Schlegel (Hiring Coordinator) of TEVA PHARMACEUTICAL, he would be conducting an online interview with you.

To contact him, set up a
... See more
I received an email today from "Teva Pharmaceuticals" and it is almost identical to a previous scam offer with Penguin Random House. They found my contact info on the ATA webpage.

Among other things, the email states:

"If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:
You've been assigned to Franz Schlegel (Hiring Coordinator) of TEVA PHARMACEUTICAL, he would be conducting an online interview with you.

To contact him, set up a screen name with Gmail hangout https://hangouts.google.com/ and add up the Company Hiring Manager's hangouts screen name([email protected]) and instant message him to proceed with the job interview.

Interview Scheduled: Mondays - Fridays
Venue: Online Via Google Hangouts
Time : 9:00 AM-6:00 PM EST
Training is available.

Your verification code is (NOT/TV11_11). This would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.

Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

Yours Sincerely,
Joel Philips,
Director Human Resources,
TEVA PHARMACEUTICAL.
www.tevapharm.com."

I hope this helps! Stay safe.
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Yolanda Broad

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:27
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Ana Jun 2, 2020

This scam has been around for a while and led this particular company to post this on Facebook in 2012 (https://www.facebook.com/tevapharm/posts/there-have-been-reports-about-a-scam-targeting-our-company-involving-online-inte/427026750644926/). Occasionally it takes different names (though always p... See more
This scam has been around for a while and led this particular company to post this on Facebook in 2012 (https://www.facebook.com/tevapharm/posts/there-have-been-reports-about-a-scam-targeting-our-company-involving-online-inte/427026750644926/). Occasionally it takes different names (though always pharmaceutical companies): Ariana, Bayer, Wockhardt… Be extremely careful and read some of the many recent forum topics about scams and the scam advice Proz offers!Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Liviu-Lee Roth
Ana Pazos
Yolanda Broad

RobinB
RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:27
German to English
Always, always a scam Jun 2, 2020

Any email from what purports to be real company (mainly publishing, pharma, biosciences) offering a well-paid translation or interpreting position and "inviting" you to a Google Hangouts interview is 100% a scam. Of course a gmail address is a giveaway, but evidently plenty of people overlook that.

There's another recent variant of this scam in which the translator or interpreter is asked to click a "Yes I am interested" or "No I am not interested" button. Delete without clicking!

Ana Pazos
Yolanda Broad
Adieu
Liviu-Lee Roth

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:27
German to English
+ ...
Metron vs. Metrion Aug 19, 2021

I got something similar today, with the name spelled correctly as 'Metrion Biosciences". The e-mail was almost identical to the company's e-mail, except that the "i" was missing.

Liviu-Lee Roth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unsolicited offer from TEVA Pharmaceuticals

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »