Be careful of a man who calls himself Edwin Pabon who wants translation work without paying
Thread poster: Ghislaine Delorme
Ghislaine Delorme
Ghislaine Delorme  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:40
English to French
Oct 29, 2019

I was contacted last week via my Proz profile by a man from Alberta, Canada, calling himself Edwin Pabon whose Proz profile is empty. This man wanted me to do a 15,000-word translation for him. His anonymity made me suspicious, particularly when he did not reply to any of my questions about him. I thought however that the job would be nice and I told him I would take it if he paid half my fee in advance via Paypal and that I would not start to translate until said payment was received. I neve... See more
I was contacted last week via my Proz profile by a man from Alberta, Canada, calling himself Edwin Pabon whose Proz profile is empty. This man wanted me to do a 15,000-word translation for him. His anonymity made me suspicious, particularly when he did not reply to any of my questions about him. I thought however that the job would be nice and I told him I would take it if he paid half my fee in advance via Paypal and that I would not start to translate until said payment was received. I never received the payment, but several mails telling me the payment was "in process" (though Paypal is immediate) and to please go ahead with this translation. I still have not received the payment five days later; neither have I started the translation. I am posting this message as a warning to all English-French translators. Do not accept anything from that man, you will never get paid.Collapse

Kevin Fulton
bvogt

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:40
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Ghislaine Oct 29, 2019

It looks like he is targeting Canadian translators, please check this: https://www.proz.com/forum/scams/338336-scam_alert.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Be careful of a man who calls himself Edwin Pabon who wants translation work without paying

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »