How to reply to a project request sent to gmail, through the ProZ directory?
Thread poster: sansos
sansos
sansos
Sweden
Local time: 08:29
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 16, 2018

Hi,

I apologize if this is a very basic question, but I'm still new to ProZ and I'm having trouble understanding how the site itself works. It seems rather confusing and complicated, or maybe I'm just missing something.

I get emails from agencies to my gmail account, through the ProZ directory (which I also barely understand), and I would like to apply to work on the suggested project(s)... But I have no idea how. I can't find the message anywhere here on ProZ, as it do
... See more
Hi,

I apologize if this is a very basic question, but I'm still new to ProZ and I'm having trouble understanding how the site itself works. It seems rather confusing and complicated, or maybe I'm just missing something.

I get emails from agencies to my gmail account, through the ProZ directory (which I also barely understand), and I would like to apply to work on the suggested project(s)... But I have no idea how. I can't find the message anywhere here on ProZ, as it doesn't appear in my messages or instant messages, and I don't understand how applying for work through the sender's profile is done. How do I let them know I'm available, etc? Do I do it by sending a ProZ message, do I go directly to their website and contact them from there?

Again, I am sorry if this is an inane question, but I'm still learning the technical stuff on this site and I've checked the FAQ and forums and found nothing. So I suspect I'm just missing something obvious, but I can't figure out what. I'd really appreciate some help.

- S
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:29
Danish to English
+ ...
Reply by email Mar 16, 2018

It sounds as if you have been working on platforms that take a cut and act as middleman. Proz is not like that.

When you are contacted by email, you reply by email. Just use the email reply function.

But be sure to check out the company first by clicking on the link to their profile, and from there to their Blue Board, as Proz does not guarantee payment in any way. That is a matter between you and your client, and it is up to you to avoid bad payers. Proz is not involv
... See more
It sounds as if you have been working on platforms that take a cut and act as middleman. Proz is not like that.

When you are contacted by email, you reply by email. Just use the email reply function.

But be sure to check out the company first by clicking on the link to their profile, and from there to their Blue Board, as Proz does not guarantee payment in any way. That is a matter between you and your client, and it is up to you to avoid bad payers. Proz is not involved in any transaction.
Collapse

sansos
sansos
Sweden
Local time: 08:29
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 16, 2018

Thank you for the reply (and for not being patronizing about it), I really appreciate it. I suspected it was something like that, but I couldn't quite figure it out, so it's nice to know I was on the right track. Always learning. Thanks!

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:29
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
That's the commonest form Mar 16, 2018

Yes, normally you can simply reply, but I understand your confusion. It does sometimes look very much like a message from ProZ.com rather than from ANO Agency, so make sure you check that your email isn't directed to some "bounce" or "noreply" address.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to reply to a project request sent to gmail, through the ProZ directory?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »