Souleymane Ba
Souleymane Ba  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:29
English to Fulani
+ ...
Jan 8, 2020

Morning,

How can I help or seek support in terminology if I am the only member in my language pairs: English to Wolof and to Fulani?

I am also unable to take part in the topics related to my languages. It must be boring, mustn't it?

What do you think about this?

Abiodun Adeleye
Abiodun Adeleye  Identity Verified
Nigeria
Local time: 09:29
Member (2019)
English to Yoruba
+ ...
Help is Available Jan 8, 2020

Hello friend,

I am sure there will be someone who will be able to help you here. There are wonderful people here. I know of another Fulani translator, he may be of help.

Thank you

Souleymane Ba
Canada
English to Fulani
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Terminolgy Jan 8, 2020

Hello Abiodun,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I would like to point out the fact that there are different kinds of Fulani depending on the countries.

So, I might need to interact only with members from my country, Senegal. And it seems that there is not anyone available here.

Kalinka Hristova
Kalinka Hristova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 10:29
Member (2007)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

You are not the only one Jan 8, 2020

There are 45 EN-Wolof translators -3 ProZ.com members (incl. you) and 42 non-members- most of them from Senegal: See more
There are 45 EN-Wolof translators -3 ProZ.com members (incl. you) and 42 non-members- most of them from Senegal: https://www.proz.com/translator-directory/?sp=directory&to=wol&from=eng&pair_emphasis=8&native=&type=na&country=&cred=na&software=na&avail=na&keyword=&nshow=25&expertise=working&location=&sdl_trados_cert_level=na&sdlx_cert_level=na&field=&wwa=na&complete_profile=na&profile_last_updated=any&latitude=&longitude=&distance=50&keyword_cv_checkbox=on&mode=view&orderby=&direction=DESC&numplat=3&numnonplat=42&nshow=25&start=0

Same story with EN-Fulani: https://www.proz.com/translator-directory/?sp=directory&to=wol&from=eng&pair_emphasis=8&nshow=25&sdl_trados_cert_level=na&sdlx_cert_level=na&field=&latitude=&longitude=&distance=50&keyword_cv_checkbox=on&orderby=&direction=DESC&mode=view&from=eng&to=.fu&pair_emphasis=8&field=&type=na&skill_interpreting=Any&distance=50&location=&latitude=&longitude=&country=&cred=na&software=na&sdl_trados_cert_level=na&sdlx_cert_level=na&orderby=&avail=na&keyword=&keyword_cv_checkbox=on&wwa=na&profile_last_updated=any&posted_wiwo_within_days=&orderby=

...and the remaining language pairs listed in your profile.

But yes, you are the only one in Fulani to Fulah.

If you open the directory at https://www.proz.com/translator-directory/, you can find this yourself.
Collapse

Souleymane Ba
Canada
English to Fulani
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re Jan 8, 2020

Its good new i am not alone here, but they dont seem to be active

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »