Thread poster: Cathleen P
Cathleen P
Cathleen P
Canada
Local time: 04:06
French to English
+ ...
Mar 16, 2018

Any suggestions for a good find-replace tool for multiple files? It need not be free, but simply work!! Ideally it should have very good search functions too for multiple files. Very ideally, I could search the folders from the desktop or via drag and drop (... rather than scouring through endless folder threads on the entire computer until I get there).

ttp_doza (X)
ttp_doza (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:06
English to German
+ ...
Looking for a GOOD find-replace tool for multiple files Mar 16, 2018

Hi Sybill,
I've found Xbench from ApSIC quite useful, also for QA tasks. You can download a free version. This is what it does: "ApSIC Xbench 3.0 now available for download. Search and QA many translation bilingual formats."

You can also use it with various CAT tools.

Hope this helps.
Dorita

Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:06
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
UFU Mar 16, 2018

Useful File Utilities at http://www.replsoft.com . Not sure about drag-and-drop... afraid not.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Looking for a GOOD find-replace tool for multiple files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »