expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 16:27
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Camilo Castelo Branco Sep 25, 2020

Barbara Cochran, MFA wrote:

After I submit a finished book translation to a client, I enjoy reading books on the theories and practice of psychoanalysis, as well as psychoanalytic case histories.

Right now, as a personal literary project, I am translating Camilo Castelo Branco's Amor da Perdição.

In other words, I don't really "unwind" all that much. I like to stay mentally energized, although I do take an occasional walk through a local park along the river, and through a botanical garden surrounded by acres of very tall trees. Can't wait to view the colorful fall foiliage!

But I often take my laptop with me to those places, since I really like to work surrounded by nature.

"Amor de Perdição". One of my favourite writers!

Barbara Cochran, MFA

María C Turri
María C Turri  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:27
Member (2019)
English to Spanish
Sleep and outdoor physical activity Sep 25, 2020

I also work late nights, since I am a mother of two little children and we're all confined right now in Argentina. So, after a long stretch of work I always enjoy to sleep well to recover any lost sleep and then go outside with my children to make sure we all get that much-needed exercise.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 16:27
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Answering to the poll Sep 25, 2020

It depends on my mood and activities vary.
Listening to music, songs that mix different cultures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXOY62099lU
(By the way, Romanian is a lovely language)
Reading a book: "O que dizem os teus olhos" (What your eyes say), Florencia Bonelli.
W
... See more
It depends on my mood and activities vary.
Listening to music, songs that mix different cultures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXOY62099lU
(By the way, Romanian is a lovely language)
Reading a book: "O que dizem os teus olhos" (What your eyes say), Florencia Bonelli.
Walking in the mountains of Valongo: http://www.centrotrailvalongo.pt/ (I am trying to get used to rural landscapes). It's a nice and very friendly city
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio

Jocelin Meunier
Jocelin Meunier  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:27
English to French
+ ...
Video games Sep 25, 2020

Most of the time, that'll be video games. Also reading or knitting while listening to an e-book. But video games really are perfect for relaxing while still keeping my gears turning.

Mr. Satan (X)

Aline Amorim
Aline Amorim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:27
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Physical activity Sep 25, 2020

There is nothing like a long walk around the neighborhood, stretches and running up the stairs.

Zibow Retailleau
Zibow Retailleau  Identity Verified
Mauritius
Local time: 20:27
English to Chinese
+ ...
A nice bottle Sep 26, 2020

of Pinot Noir, my favourite. Paired with a good film or a stupid game, like Candy Crush Saga (the creepy male voice which says, 'Divine!' never fails to amuse me).

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Sex Sep 28, 2020

Or is it too far a stretch?

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: My favorite way to unwind after a long stretch of work involves:

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »