Export failed: Access to the path 'xxxx' is denied.
Thread poster: Sławomir Paluch
Sławomir Paluch
Sławomir Paluch  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:32
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 11, 2020

Dear friends

I have an issue while exporting completed files...

I finished my work and I would like to export the files, so, as always, I click right on the file> export> export (Stored Path), and... information appears:

"Document export

Documents exported successfully 0
Documents exported with warnings 0
Export failed 1

Result: Export failed:
... See more
Dear friends

I have an issue while exporting completed files...

I finished my work and I would like to export the files, so, as always, I click right on the file> export> export (Stored Path), and... information appears:

"Document export

Documents exported successfully 0
Documents exported with warnings 0
Export failed 1

Result: Export failed: Access to the path 'xxxxx' is denied." - what is this?!

and also the "progress window":

"xxxx(eng): Exporting...
xxxx: The security restrictions on your computer do not allow using the path C:\Users\Ela\Downloads\Czym jest belka z drążkami skrętnymi.docx for document export.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The operation has been completed with some warnings." - security restrictions ???????

This happened yesterday when I added new files to the project, and from that time I cannot export either the older already translated files (which I have done last week and easily exported them after the work was done) and the new ones.

The only export way that worked was bilingual export - which I already did because of the deadline but that was a headache, it was a big file and I had to add sentences manual...

- I'm using Memoq 9.0
- I have done non changes in the system and in the Momoq
- There were no windows updates (I'm using windows system)
- I literally done nothing, just standardly added new files and that's it, and from that time this issue started to appear

I tried to restart memoq and restart my computer but it did not help.
Also, I tried to Change Export Path but it also did not help - I tried to rewrite the original file and nothing... same info appears...

I would be very grateful for any type of help with this...

Thanks,
Slavik
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:32
Member (2008)
Italian to English
One suggestion Sep 11, 2020

It's possible that the application can't access files that are stored in folders you have nested deep within other folders, i.e. the path is too long. Try relocating the files somewhere more accessible.

Just a suggestion.

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:32
English to Russian
Use another location Sep 11, 2020

Maybe you can select Export (choose path) item and export your translation to another location (e.g. on a flash stick). I myself never save my files on disk C. It's a system disk (sometimes with limited access), you'd better not use it.
Hope this helps

Glenda Kölbrant

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
English to German
In memoriam
Write-protected existing file? Sep 11, 2020

Since you are exporting into a download folder, it might be possible that it contains a file with the same name that is write-protected. Error messages like these can be misleading sometimes.

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
You can also try this Sep 11, 2020

TakeOwnershipPro or similar.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/takeownershippro.html

Aleksandra Nikolic
Aleksandra Nikolic  Identity Verified
Serbia
German to Serbian
+ ...
Error messages Sep 14, 2020

This happened to me with projects where I did not clear all error messages. Only after running the QA and clearing up all error messages for the project I was able to export the project to the specific folder. Hope this will help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export failed: Access to the path 'xxxx' is denied.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »