is it possible to merge multiple sdlxliff files into 1 file during import into MemoQ?
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:42
Member (2006)
French to English
Jan 13, 2020

Hello, I have a project of 18K words, comprised of 74 small sdlxliff files, I'm using Memoq 2015 (need to upgrade!) & I'm trying to find out if it's possible to merge sdlxliff files during import into MemoQ. For example, some of my clients use online Memsource and when downloading multiple sdlxliff files to work offline in MemoQ, I can "join"" the files, then they are "unjoined" at export. Even if I could merge the files into 3 or 4 single files this would be better than working on 74 individual... See more
Hello, I have a project of 18K words, comprised of 74 small sdlxliff files, I'm using Memoq 2015 (need to upgrade!) & I'm trying to find out if it's possible to merge sdlxliff files during import into MemoQ. For example, some of my clients use online Memsource and when downloading multiple sdlxliff files to work offline in MemoQ, I can "join"" the files, then they are "unjoined" at export. Even if I could merge the files into 3 or 4 single files this would be better than working on 74 individual files. This is possible with Trados, see link, but not with MemoQ as far as I can see, I've searched thoroughly online & in Kilgray's website, to no avail. NB, this is for import, so they are merged when working in MemoQ, not for merging at export.

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/openexchange_applications/9013/merging-sdlxliff-files-and-saving-them-to-target-as-one-merged-file

Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2020-01-13 11:11 GMT]
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No need to join them at import - Simply create a View Jan 13, 2020

You can easily work with all SDLXLIFF files as a lump (or in many other ways) by importing all files and then creating a View of the documents, or sets of documents to your pleasure! Check for how to create a view in memoQ in the online help.

Kevin Fulton

Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jan 13, 2020

Thank you Tomás, very helpful!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

is it possible to merge multiple sdlxliff files into 1 file during import into MemoQ?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »