Thread poster: espoir03
espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Dec 11, 2019

Hello,

Everytime I try to close memoQ, this message pops up.

screenshot

Could you let me know how to solve this?
I know why I receive this message, though.
I was importing the TM and I closed memoQ without noticing TM import was still in process.
When I launch the memoQ again and try to close, I see this message and the message is never disappearing.
How can I see the current ongoing process? And how can I "stop" the ongoing process?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Akiko

Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:19
Member (2004)
Task Manager Dec 11, 2019

Hi Akiko,

I get something similar occasionally. You can try opening the task manager, looking for MemoQ among the Background Processes of the Processes tab, and ending the task manually.

HTH,

Kate

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:19
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Use memoQ task tracker Dec 11, 2019

You can check which tasks are still running in the background and stop them by using MemoQ's task tracker.

Go to MemoQ tab > Open task tracker

For more information check MemoQ's knowledge base article at https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/task-tracker.html

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Kate Dec 11, 2019

Hi Kate,

Many thanks for your reply.
Yes, I did try the Windows task manager approach already but for some reason it is not shown.

Akiko

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@John Dec 11, 2019

John,

Many thanks. This is exactly what I was looking.
Following your reference URL I clicked on "Cancel" many times but for some reason even if I click on it nothing changes...

task

Akiko

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Dec 13, 2019

Looks like it's been solved when I kept clicking on "Cancel" button in task tracker.
Thanks so much!

Akiko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Receive error message every time closing memoQ

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »