Term Recognition Problem with Déjà Vu X2 and X3
Thread poster: Bozo_the_Clown
Bozo_the_Clown
Bozo_the_Clown
United States
Feb 21, 2018

Hi fellow translators,

I am using Déjà Vu X2 and X3 and have the same issue with both versions. There seems to be a capitalization issue with the termbase. For some reason, terms that are not capitalized in the termbase do not show up in the AutoSearch window when the source text is capitalized (and vice versa). Database Lookup is set to 60%.

Example:

Termbase = progress note
Source Text = Progress Note

In this case nothing shows up in
... See more
Hi fellow translators,

I am using Déjà Vu X2 and X3 and have the same issue with both versions. There seems to be a capitalization issue with the termbase. For some reason, terms that are not capitalized in the termbase do not show up in the AutoSearch window when the source text is capitalized (and vice versa). Database Lookup is set to 60%.

Example:

Termbase = progress note

In this case nothing shows up in AutoSearch. This is really weird and annoying. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 15:47
English to Turkish
+ ...
TM priority Feb 22, 2018

Do you have one or two word short segments in your translation memory; eg

Termbase
progress note: note de progrès

Translation memory
Progress Note: Note de Progrès
or
Progress note: Note de progrès

In that case DVX will not display the TB match to decrease "noise".

Bozo_the_Clown
Bozo_the_Clown
United States
TOPIC STARTER
TM priority Feb 22, 2018

Thanks so much for the answer. That explains my problem. I was able to fix it by deselecting "Display portions from Translation Memory". This, however, is somewhat counter-productive and defeats the purpose of the TM. Is there a way to display portions from translation memory AND all matches in the termbase?

[Edited at 2018-02-22 18:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-02-22 18:11 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term Recognition Problem with Déjà Vu X2 and X3

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »