[Trados 2017 SP1] How to rescue translated segments lost by Trados?
Thread poster: Michelangela
Michelangela
Michelangela
United States
Local time: 05:31
German to English
+ ...
Aug 20, 2017

Started my issue here as a new topic ... Trados 2017 deleted 50%+ of my translated segments!

How to rescue translated segments lost by Trados?

I've been working on finishing the last 25% of my translation today (of ca. 1400 segments in total). When I was about 80% done, the statistics started to be messed up (the number of untranslated segments was incorrect at 5%), then all remaining segments were filled with the original language translation showing as being translat
... See more
Started my issue here as a new topic ... Trados 2017 deleted 50%+ of my translated segments!

How to rescue translated segments lost by Trados?

I've been working on finishing the last 25% of my translation today (of ca. 1400 segments in total). When I was about 80% done, the statistics started to be messed up (the number of untranslated segments was incorrect at 5%), then all remaining segments were filled with the original language translation showing as being translated.

To make the long story short, I reopened Trados and the first 50% of my translation vanished completely.

Is there any way to retrieve it?

Trados has no decent free technical support that I am aware of.

Please, help!

Thanks!
Collapse

Gitte Hoveds (X)
Gitte Hoveds (X)
Denmark
Local time: 13:31
Danish to English
+ ...
Should be in the TM Aug 21, 2017

The TM stores your translation as you go along, so in theory, it should simply be a case of running the text through Studio again. Start at the top, hit Ctrl + Enter and watch the TM complete already translated segments. It will stop when it gets to the first untranslated segment.

(Sorry if I am stating the obvious and you have already tried this.)

Michelangela
Michelangela
United States
Local time: 05:31
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Glitch Aug 21, 2017

The issue seems to be a severe glitch in Trados 2017 SP1.

The newly translated segments (after I press Enter for the latest version SP1, because it is no longer the Ctrl + Enter key combination) they do not appear in the TM files when I open them with Trados. Even if I run (on project, right click) the batch task "Update Project Translation Memories" I get the warning that there is nothing to update, although the contrary is true.

I need some employee from Trados to lo
... See more
The issue seems to be a severe glitch in Trados 2017 SP1.

The newly translated segments (after I press Enter for the latest version SP1, because it is no longer the Ctrl + Enter key combination) they do not appear in the TM files when I open them with Trados. Even if I run (on project, right click) the batch task "Update Project Translation Memories" I get the warning that there is nothing to update, although the contrary is true.

I need some employee from Trados to look at whatever log files are generated, or the whole folder.

I'm now working 16+ hours a day to redo the lost translated segments and meet the deadline. Tremendously frustrating ...

[Edited at 2017-08-21 13:10 GMT]
Collapse

Christiane Lalonde
Christiane Lalonde  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:31
English to French
Same here Aug 22, 2017

The same happened to me.
Suddenly all the target segments filed with the source text appeared as « translated ».
Good luck with retrieving your work if you set your parameters to « Replace the old translation with the new one » (without adding the different translations in the TM)

Christiane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Trados 2017 SP1] How to rescue translated segments lost by Trados?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »